One of the things I like to do on my exams week is to cook my meals ahead. You don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen so it’s better to prepare something that you can store and eat for a longer period of time.
So, rice being one of my favorite type of food I’ve decided to share with you the way I make it.
- 1 cup of rice , washed
- 2 cups of water
- a teaspoon of sunflower oil
- one bag of frozen vegetables at your choice but I prefer the simple ones with carrots, corn and peas witch I did not have this time (saves time as they cook but you can use some fresh ones too)
- salt and pepper
- optional: one egg
- In a pot, put one cup of rice and two cups of water, one teaspoon of oil and some salt and when it all comes to a boil, turn the heat to low, cover with a lid and let it cook for 15 minutes;
- In a wok, spray some oil and put the frozen veggies. It shouldn’t take them more than 10 max 15 minutes to be ready;
- After the rice is done transfer it into the wok over your veggies and cook them all together for 5 minutes but stirring frequently so the rice won’t stick to the wok; feel free to add salt, pepper or soy sauce;
- In a separate pan, make some scramble with one or two eggs (I’ve used one);
- Take a nice bowl and mix the rice, veggies and the scramble egg all together;
- Serve immediately or save it in a container for another day;