It’s been a bit since I’ve shared a recipe that didn’t involved something sweet so I’ve decided to make my comeback with a nice meal that you can either have for breakfast or for lunch.
I always like to cook in as few as possible dishes and if you are like me, you will absolutely love this one. This recipe is for 2 persons but you can add more of each if you have a bigger family or want to have some people over.
Make sure to let me know if you try it and if you have any foods ideas that you want me to cook and share the recipe with you, I would be more than happy to make them!
- 1 green/red bell pepper chopped;
- 1 onion;
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 1 hot pepper (put more or less of it depending on how hot you like your food to be);
- 2 eggs;
- some feta cheese;
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin (optional);
- a handful of fresh coriander;
- salt and pepper;
- olive oil;
- Cut the onion into small cubes and place it in a non-stick pan along with some olive oil and cook until it gets a light brown color;
- Add the smashed garlic cloves, the chopped bell pepper, the hot one and the cumin then let them cook for about 3-5 minutes but stir from time to time so they won’t stick to the pan;
- Add the canned tomatoes along with their sauce, salt and pepper then let it boil for 3-5 minutes. I’ve added a cup of hot water because I wanted a little bit more sauce. Let it cook until the sauce becomes thicker;
- Make 2 wholes then place the eggs in them, add a lid and let it cook until the eggs are done;
- Turn off the heat, then sprinkle the fresh coriander on top (I unfortunately didn’t had fresh one);
- Place it on a plate or eat it directly from the pan along with some fresh bread or pita;