Starting a new bullet journal | January setup

New Year new bullet journal. At least for me. I don’t really know why but I felt the need of using a new bullet journal for 2019. It wasn’t absolutely nothing wrong with my last one so I have decided to use that as my uni notebook and get a new one. I went with the blue color (shocking, I know) and decided to do something a bit different with it.

FUTURE LOG

Leuchtturm Bullet Journal has 4 pages dedicated to the Future Log and I went to this idea for it. I am not a super busy so I don’t need a lot of space for any upcoming months events.

JANUARY COVER PAGE

I kept this one simple and I actually did it later because I wasn’t sure how I wanted it to look like. In the end I went with something way simpler that I would have thought.

BLOG CONTENT SPREAD AND EXPENSES TRACKER

I made this one before the calendar spread as mistake but decided to keep it because I didn’t wanted to rip off the pages. So I kept a clean, simple design for the expenses tracker and went with filling in the whole month for the upcoming January posts.

I realize now that I didn’t leave any room for any possible feature collaborations but oh well…

MONTHLY SPREAD

The old calendar layout spread. The only difference is that I made the boxes a bit smaller so I could fit 2 new sections on the side because I didn’t wanted to use a whole separate page for them.

DAILY SPREAD

I actually got this idea from a YouTube video but I am still not sure if I am going to use it for the next month or not. I am going to wait and see if I actually take the time to fill in every day and if not I am going to figure out another way to make my daily spreads. You can also see that I didn’t cut the pages straight 😓 but it’s ok.

WHAT I AM USING:

• Leuchtturm 1917 A5 Bullet Journal
  • Rotring crayon in 0.7
  • Rotring Tikky Graphic in 0.1
  • A simple grey pencil
Share:

7 Comments

1. January 9, 2019 / 2:57 PM

I love how minimal you have made it! The drawing for January is also amazing. Did you draw it yourself? I’m really not very good at art and drawing so I’m hoping to bring out a creative side without ripping out too many pages and starting again 😂 thank you for linking me to your post, it was really useful! 💜

• stralthy
      Author
      January 9, 2019 / 3:38 PM

Thank you! I’ve drawn it but I make all of my drawings in pencil first. I actually make everything in pencil first because I tend to mess up a lot 😂
      I also used to make my drawings more complicated but I’ve realized that 1. It was taken me a lot of time and 2. I have to erase it way to many times and do it again😂

So my advice would be to keep it simple the first couple of month just to get used to it and you can make it more complex later♥️

• January 9, 2019 / 3:43 PM

That’s a really good idea! Sometimes I forget to do pencil first and end up making so many mistakes!
        That’s really good advice Anna, thank you so much for your help! Baby steps and maybe practice on an old notebook first!! 💜

• stralthy
          Author
          January 9, 2019 / 7:32 PM

You’re very welcome lovely!♥️

2. December 29, 2018 / 12:21 PM

This all looks so organised! I love my bullet journal – but I took December off of doing it. I’m looking forward to getting back into it in January!

• stralthy
      Author
      December 29, 2018 / 12:22 PM

I failed to complete it in December too but I’m all for a new start in January 😊

• December 29, 2018 / 12:30 PM

I was already struggling towards the end of November so made the choice to not do it in December – it has been such a great month for my blog, I’m looking forward to get back to my BuJo x