For Blogmas day 8 lovely Hannah from Hannah’s Bookshelf kindly made us some books recommendations so continue reading to find more about some awesome books you can give as a gift. !
Hey guys! I’m Hannah from Hannah’s Bookshelf and my task today is to give you some ideas for books that you could give as gifts this Christmas. Christmas is my absolute favourite time of year and being a book blogger, as well as a bookseller, so it’s probably not surprising at all that I love to give books as gifts. I always feel that there’s a book for everyone out there, even those who aren’t huge readers. Here are a few that you might like the look of for someone special in your life
Normal People by Sally Rooney
This book was recently named as Waterstones’ ‘Book of the Year 2018’ and is a beautiful story of how important someone can become to you and your life. A must read for those romance fans in your life who appreciate the characters with a vulnerable side, making the story feel so real.
Also, perfect for Christmas, there is a Waterstones exclusive edition of this book, beautifully designed with foil detail, a ribbon marker and redesigned endpapers – a truly gorgeous gift! You could always pair this book with Sally Rooney’s debut novel, Conversations with Friends for a bigger present.
Dynasties by Stephen Moss
This book is a gorgeous companion to the hit TV series, recently broadcast on the BBC. It features a selection of over 200 simply stunning wildlife photographs, detailing the lives of these magnificent animals in a truly captivating way. With a foreword by Sir David Attenborough himself, this book is an absolutely perfect gift for any wildlife lovers in your life and also makes a wonderful coffee table book that guests won’t be able to resist picking up!
The Ice Monster by David Walliams
This book is a beautiful story, similar to that of Roald Dahl’s BFG, featuring a ten-year-old orphan, Elsie, and her adventure to find the last woolly mammoth! A heartwarming story to intrigue your little ones and get them excited about reading. This is the latest novel by this bestselling author and has already proved to be a popular seller for the Christmas period – definitely not one to miss!
Other New Releases:
- Past Tense by Lee Child – the newest release in the Jack Reacher series.
- Heroes by Stephen Fry – coming after the release of Mythos, here is another re-telling of classic Greek myth made more accessible to a wider audience.
- Becoming by Michelle Obama – the memoir of the iconic woman and ex-First Lady of the United States, she discusses her triumphs and disappointments, inspiring others with her stories of an exceptional life.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Meltdown by Jeff Kinney – the newest book in the well-known kids series.
- Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindlewald by J. K. Rowling – the screenplay to accompany the newest film – a must-have book for the Harry Potter fans in your life!
What books are you giving for Christmas this year? Do any of these recommendations take your fancy? I’d love to know!
You can check out my Blogmas posts over on my blog, full of Christmassy content!