I’ve finished high school about 4 years ago and since then a lot have happened in my life. 6 more years and I will have to see all my classmates for our 10 years anniversary, thing that to be honest, I am definitely not looking forward to. My high school days were actually fine, nothing to object, but in a way or another I just wanted it to be over. Anyway, here are 10 things that I’ve learned in high school.
- You high school best friend will not necessarily remain your best friend after you are done with it. I know, you will make a promise that you’ll talk everyday and that will happen for about a year or so but then you will be caught in well, life, and things will start to fall apart. Not being negative here, just realistic.
- I should have read a lot more. I’ve always liked books, and I’ve always told myself that I’ll read a bit every night before bed but I always ended up playing on my phone. If you’re still in high school, read! Read as much as you can because when you go to university you will feel like you don’t have time for it anymore and books, oh books can make you not only smarter, but wiser and calmer and they can offer you a whole new life or perspective.
- Test are not that bad and you’ll have to trust me on this one. Oh, how I wish I could be able to take tests again and not be obligated to learn almost a book in one week.
- The whole education sistem in my country is so bad and we aren’t able to chose particular subject we want to study in high school or we are forced to learn a lot of things that maybe we didn’t enjoy it at that time, and if that’s the case for you, first of all, I’m sorry, second of all, make the best of these things you are being thought. I know that second degree equations will not help you in life but they probably have their purpose. Do you best, it will get better.
- Don’t wish for the time to pas faster. Live in the moment. Listen, when you’re in high school all you have to worry about are the occasional test that you have to take. You might have some homework here and there, you might have to do a presentation but that’s it. Do your best, study a little and enjoy every moment you have because then, life will hit you and you will wish that you could have these years back.
- Don’t try to much. You are not popular? That’s ok. Do you! don’t try to be anyone else. I’ve spend my high school years having one best friend and 3 other friends in my school. I would say hello to other people I’ve known but that’s it. I learned that I didn’t have to be popular to be happy. I enjoyed my lonely time and we all should learn how to be comfortable enough with spending time alone.
- Grades don’t define who or how smart you are. I’ve got good grades most of my high school years but I’ve also got a lot of bad ones and guess what, beside a few lectures from my mom, nothing changed. I was still smart. Lazy, but smart. My friends would still talk to me, the sun still continued to shine. As long as you are not failing, you are good. Oh, and if those grades will help you on you university, then do your best!
So make sure you make the most of your high school years! Let me know in the comments what you’ve learned from high school 🙂